Pekka Rinne edged Henrik Lundqvist last night in Round 2 of the NHL 13 Cover Vote. Not only did Lundqvist get edged in a video game cover vote, he lost to the New Jersey Devils in Game 5, 5-3 and now face elimination.
Now, Rinne will go against John Tavares of the New York Islanders. Nashville Predators fans, VOTE! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO!
Read, ‘Reasons to vote for Rinne instead of Tavares,’ after the jump.
Smashville, we are all going to have to vote several times a day. The New York Islanders have made a huge splash in trying to vote for John Tavares. NHL players (Not NYI players) are even voting for Tavares. So, even if you are at work, at home, on an airplane, or at a store, VOTE Rinne!
Reasons to vote for Pekka Rinne and not John Tavares
- Rinne led his team to the 2nd round, Tavares led his team to go golfing.
- Rinne is rated 90, Tavares in rated 88 in NHL 12.
- Rinne is in the running for an NHL award, Tavares is not.
- Rinne had more wins than the Islanders had total.
- Rinne is a goalie, Tavares is a forward. Everyone knows that goalies rule.
In the other bracket, Claude Giroux goes against Evgeni Malkin. That is going to be a tough one to decide. Malkin is arguably, the best player in the NHL, but Giroux is a fan favorite.
You Decide! Rinne or Tavares? Giroux vs Malkin? Vote here.