Take a look at the recap on NHL.com…
– Hopefully Shea Weber's upper body injury isn't too severe. Earlier in the game, the captain blocked a shot in the shoulder region. Later, at 0:42 in the 1st period, Weber appeared to have hurt that area again after a slap shot, which led to a Fisher goal. His last shift was with 16:32 to go in the final frame. He did not return, but Nashville was able to win.
– Seth Jones started off the game with a nice wrap-around goal, using his driving abilities, speed and reach. Matt Del Zotto recorded his first career point with the Predators with an assist on the Jones' goal.
– Chris Thorburn answered back with a ridiculous redirection at the high slot from Chris Stuart's slap pass. Blake Wheeler should've earned an assist for using his big frame to screen Carter Hutton.
– The final minutes of the second period were nothing short of eventful. After Nick Spaling gave the Preds a 3-1 lead, Winnipeg answered back with 2 of their own, both of which were brutally weak. Mark Scheifele banged one of Josi's skate and in from a bad angle. Then, Blake Wheeler's shot hit off Hutton's glove and trickled in.
– Pretty awesome that Mike Fisher was able to respond just seconds after his goal was disallowed.
– Colton Sissons played in his first NHL game, and it was a successful one. As a 4th line center, Sissons had an assist, +1 rating, 10:49 of TOI, and 1-for-4 in the faceofff dot.
NSH 1-0: Seth Jones – Del Zotto and Smith at 3:48 in the 1st
WPG 1-1: Chris Thorburn – Stuart and Trouba at 4:10 in the 1st
NSH 2-1: Roman Josi – Smith (2) and Legwand at 0:42 in the 2nd
NSH 3-1: Nick Spaling – Gaustad and Sissons at 17:18 in the 2nd
WPG 3-2: Mark Scheifele – unassisted at 18:13 in the 2nd
WPG 3-3: Blake Wheeler – Scheifele at 18:40 in the 3rd
NSH 4-3: PP Mike Fisher – Hornqvist and Weber at 0:42 in the 3rd
NSH: Carter Hutton (W) – 24 saves on 27 shots; played 59:51
WPG: Ondrej Pavelec (L) – 21 saves on 24 shots; played 58:39
My Three Stars
1. Mike Fisher: GWG
2. Mark Scheifele: Goal and Assist
3. Craig Smith: 2 Assists
Line Up Report
Predators scratches: Cullen, Stalberg and Bartley
Predators starters: Spaling, Legwand, Smith, Weber, Josi and Hutton
Jets scratches: Kane, Redmond and Tangradi
Jets starters: Ladd, Little, Frolik, Enstrom, Bogosian and Pavelec